Windows is now our basic need of life, without operating system no one imagine a world we are living in right now. But we are here to talk about Windows system event log, Whats is Windows System Event log, and how we can use that and what we can gain from this Windows feature. This further explain in this post.
What is Windows System Event Log
According to Microsoft Windows System Event log are using for view application, security of your machine, setup of any software which is failed to install at any moment, system error, application error, system 32 error and that every computer error you face and check, you are analyzed. Here you find different method to to open Windows System Event log for the inspection of your computer.
You must be logged on as a administrator to perform these steps. If you are not logged on as an administrator, You can only change settings that apply to your user account and some event logs might not be accessible.
Windows System Event logs are recording special events on you r computer when they happen, on what date, on what time you suffer from any incident. Whenever these types of event occur, it record the data as a important event and save a event log that you can read by using Event Viewer Advanced users might find the details in event logs helpful when troubleshooting problems with Windows and other programs.
Event Viewer tracks information in several different logs. Windows Logs include:
- Application (program, software) events.
- Events are classified as error, warning, or information, depending on the severity of the event.
- An error is a significant problem, such as loss of data.
- A warning is an event that isn’t necessarily significant, but might indicate a possible future problem.
- An information event describes the successful operation of a program, driver, or service.
High risk event related to security are called audits and are described as successful or failed depending on the event such as whether a user trying to log on to Windows was successful Setup events. Computers that are configured as domain controllers will have additional logs displayed here.
- System events are logged by Windows and Windows system services, and are classified as error, warning, or information.
- Forwarded events are forwarded to this log by other computers.
- Applications and Services Logs vary. They include separate logs about the programs that run on your computer, as well as more detailed logs that pertain to specific Windows services.
How to Open Windows System Event Log
To Open windows system event log Event Viewer by clicking the Start button of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer. Administrator permission required If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. And for Windows 10 Just search in the taskbar Event log and you’ll redirected to the event log.
Click an event log in the left pane.
Double-click an event to view the details of the an event.
Hope you find what are you looking for. till then happy surfing.