WormGPT is a malicious AI tool that was created for cybercriminal purposes. It is based on the GPTJ language model, which is a large language model (LLM) that was developed by OpenAI. WormGPT was allegedly trained on malware-related data, which allows it to craft sophisticated phishing emails and conduct Business Email Compromise (BEC) attacks.
Features of WormGPT
- Human-like text generation: WormGPT can generate human-like text that can be used in phishing emails and other forms of social engineering. This makes it difficult for victims to distinguish between genuine and malicious emails.
- Malware creation: WormGPT can be used to create malware and exploit vulnerabilities. This can allow cybercriminals to gain access to victims’ computers and networks.
- BEC attacks: WormGPT can be used to conduct BEC attacks, which are a type of fraud where cybercriminals impersonate legitimate businesses in order to trick victims into sending them money.
How to stay safe from WormGPT
- Be aware of the risks associated with AI-powered tools. AI tools can be used for malicious purposes, so it is important to be aware of the risks before using them.
- Only use AI tools from trusted sources. When you are looking for an AI tool, make sure to only use tools from trusted sources. This will help to ensure that the tool is not malicious.
- Be careful about what information you share online. Cybercriminals can use the information you share online to target you with malicious attacks. Be careful about what information you share online, and only share information with people you trust.
- Keep your computer software up to date. Software updates often include security patches that can help to protect your computer from malicious attacks. Make sure to keep your computer software up to date to help protect yourself from WormGPT and other malicious AI tools.
- Use a firewall and antivirus software. A firewall and antivirus software can help to protect your computer from malicious attacks. Make sure to use a firewall and antivirus software that is up to date and has a good reputation.
If you think you have been targeted by WormGPT or another malicious AI tool, you should contact your IT department or a cybersecurity expert immediately. They will be able to help you assess the situation and take steps to protect your computer and network.
Keywords: WormGPT, what is WormGPT, AI tool, cybercriminal, phishing email, malware, BEC attack, security, safety, SEO